Dyson DC07 - cleaning filters

I have just washed out the foam filter and the gauze (type) disc and was surprised to notice a symbol of a tap with a line through - on the plastic cover. I can't imagine what harm can come of washing this plastic cover - which has a pressure release valve in it.

Any ideas?

Reply to
John

Perhaps some muppet would try doing it while it was plugged in, hence the hopefully idiot proof instructions ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson