Dyson DC04 sucks on tool but not on floor

. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

TIA

Antony

Reply to
antony.adshead

The channel from the beater area through to the back is probably blocked. It's quite easy to remove the beater (you have to do this to change the belt) and fish it out.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

My local Currys has a vast display of Dyson spares. But only belts and bags for other makes. Told be something I already knew.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thats my guess too.

Reply to
Rick

Do you have her phone number? ;-)

Reply to
Dave P

My dc04 (zorbster) has a removable piece at the bottom of the up pipe. You can see into the flexible hose ( the one going to the brush end) from there and remove any blockage. You may have to poke through from the brush end. Remember to fold the handle down or you will only see the tube to the handle.

jks

Reply to
jks

There was an article in the British Medical Journal about this in the early

80's.
vortex2

-- slinkypop

Reply to