dyson dc04 pivoting head

Our venerable dyson appears to be doing something strange. When its used the pivoting head doesnt stay level with the carpet, the back edge lifts up and it loses suction. I've looked at it closely and get the feelign there must be some sort of spring hidden away but cant see how to get at it. ?

Reply to
mark

Had much the same problem with our vacuum (a Bosch). Seems the spring JUST has enough power to keep the head on the carpet a full/blocked hose from the head to the machines internals can overpower the spring so the head doesn't seem to stay pushed to the ground. Try checking any hose/duct fron the head and see if it is blocked and so stiffer than the spring is capable of overcoming

Reply to
soup