Dyson DC03

I need to shorten/replace the electrical lead to my Dyson DC03 vacuum cleaner as the outer casing of the lead has split at the point where it enters the handle.Does anyone know how to get into the switch mechanism so that I can carry out this task?

The switch is a bit different to the DC04.

Alan B

Reply to
<A>

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:07:28 -0000, strung together this:

Rather brutally lever it out, ideally in a perfectly vertical position, (assuming the Dyson is stood straight IYSWIM).

Reply to
Lurch

I had this too, the yellow pressbutton has to be prised out, it is held in on either side by lugs that can be depressed (poor things) then things become obvious IIRC

there is a special tool made to remove the switch by qualtex mis-121 I don't know anything about it though

the cable should really be replaced, although I did manage to shorten mine a little and it still works several years on.

these people list the cable and tool:

mrcheerful