Duty cycle a joke!

Whoa, back up there a bit Mary :o)

In your reply to me timed at 11.28, when I mention "my trusty good-old Triton T80si *electric* shower", you replied "That's what ours is, we have had no problems of any kind with it.".

Now you're saying you don't have an electric shower???

Curious Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Just seen the spelliung mistook - well spotted Mary, excellent :o)

No longer curious Steve.

Reply to
Steve

no - but it is an assumption

I can spell - just can't tpye.

I probably misinterpreted your initial response -as I missed that you jumped onto my "electic shower" but would you care to explain why you replied "Nobody knows everything." to my post?

Reply to
charlieB

Because he had used one like it perhaps?

In my experiance there are some differentiators, some have better temperature (i.e. flow) regulation, some have more flexible controls, some a better quality of construction, and there si some variation in shower head performance. What does not change is the amount of hot water they produce per min, which for a given power shower is pretty much dictated by the physics.

I have used a couple of electric showers that really were intollerable at any time of year (7kW, badly scaled, and wild temperature fluctuations). I have used a couple that were just about OK in the summer. I have never used or installed one that I felt was any cop in the winter (I have installed two to date for other people), but then the owners chose them because they were an expediant solution to a particular set of problems.

Reply to
John Rumm

Because you said, " ... electic showers are usually crap :-)"

Unless you've experienced ever one you can't know.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, I said I don't have an electic shower :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was a proof reader in an earlier life. It becomes a habit ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Grumps" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Absolutely

That's just what I've got

mike

Reply to
mike

By the time my wife has finished, I'd need to let it stand for three hours before I can get in.

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

Me too. It goes on and on and on - and it does NOT dribble.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you refuse to change your shower get a solar water heater.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , charlieB writes

THe OP isn't talking about an electric shower now, they are talking about a power shower. We have a power shower that has a similar duty cycle - a Aqualisa aquastream . This is one of the all in one type, with the pump a small low voltage unit inside it.

In normal use we wouldn't go over that anyway.

But I would imagine that if this was really an issue, then a standalone pump unit would have a much 'better' duty cycle

Reply to
chris French

He hasnt got an electric shower. Hes got a power shower, dont know what make or if it has a remote pump...

Reply to
marvelus