Dustbusters

Page 2 of 2
Mike Mitchell wrote:

... while they recorded a TV advert....

Add pictures here
✖

You're dead right, I bought one for minor domestic dusting, and it's prettu useless suckwise, the dirt spreads all round it's container and the filter so emtying is a nightmare.
But the cleverest feature on my B&D 3.6 is that the exhaust blows out of the sides and *forward*, conveniently blowing the dust all over the shop before the nozzle can get to it.
A touch of genius
mike r
Add pictures here
✖
My experience of B&D dustbusters is that it does not do what it says. I bought one for use on a boat and found the filter does not catch dust, Comet swopped it for another and again dust everywhere. B&D said not disigned for picking up dust but larger particles, i.e. rice crispies.
I have a henry that does everything well. gravle soot, carpets. you name it. best £80-£100 I ever spent.
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 09:43:42 +0000, Mike Mitchell

Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:47:07 +0000, Lawrence

Then why the heck do they call them Dustbusters?!! I have always avoided B & D like the plague, and this reinforces my view.
MM
Add pictures here
✖

Hi. I have a recommendation. Those old hoover dustettes. They got a lot of mention in that famous BMJ report, but dont let that put you off :) Anyway theyre hand held, about the size of a dustbuster but plus they have a great big bag on the back end. Theyre mains, which makes them powerful and very long lasting. You can get them from way back when, still working fine, they filter properly, and cost a fiver at most. Make those modern offerings look like the junk they are.
Regards, NT
Oh, and in case some nut thinks the BMJ article is actually a good idea, the cast metal fan blade on dustettes is _very_ close to the intake.
Add pictures here
✖