Duracell Industrial Batteries

In the 1960s at BBC TV Centre, the sound maintenance dept had a large box marked "Used U2s". Portable recorders always went out with new batteries, so these were all part used and very useful.

Reply to
charles

Yes that's how I remember it, I never said it actually worked did I. I often hand out these batteries brought for work and given to securataries , administraotrs, academics, research students, especially at christmas when they know they'll be doing lots of typing so need them for their mice and keyboards.

But at least NOW I have been getting them to return them for recyling purposes i.e they get a replacement battery.

I give the cheaper GP batteries to students.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Is that the only place you buy things from?

Why do supermarkets not sell AA cells individually?

Why were Procell MN1604 available in individual packs if you wanted that?

Good luck in court if you think every Procell was bought by your organisation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have some very odd friends.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think you'll find the main reason a large user bought them was they were considerably cheaper than 'branded' ones. And unless a work place searched everyone each time they left, do you really think an 'odd' brand would put people off nicking them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Likewise with radio mics. Batteries were usually changed as a precaution - not when fully exhausted. So plenty of usable ones available for the asking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

t Toolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops a nd ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail v ariants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

ost cases. The well advertised brands are not exceptions.

but only for a small minority of brands. Price, advertising and bunnies hav e nothing to do with how much you get.

verview.htm

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

rform better in high-drain applications. They?re the top choice in TV film sets, on movie sets and on production lines. They?re bulk p acked, in boxes of 10, reducing packaging costs and resulting in a lower pr ice for you. This packaging also reduces waste, to help you ?go gre en?.

current applications and no one wants green packaging or to save money via reduced costs.

;t stock thses versions. if you think it;s because NO ONE wants cheap batte ries that are high power and are enviromentally packaged and therefor 'gree n', then perhaps it's time you showed some evidence of what yuo believe.

and are enviromentally packaged.....

If a bunny video is evidence of anything then I'm a 4 eyed tree frog. You s ound confused.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

These days, they are what I usually get from CPC. Unless the Energizer ones are on the (fairly frequent) special offer!

Reply to
Bob Eager

So why do they bother to make them differently marked. I'd have thought if its the same design, making them as different designs on the labels was an unnecessary cost, unless they have some kind of fiddle that they do to make more money out of them in some way. I remember when cassette tapes were around that could record Hi Fi, Maxell were expensive but the same ones were made as Hitachi and other own brand ones with a lower price. Basf used to do the same with whsmith, and 3M with currys. I never did understand the logic. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I dug a Duracell C cell out of a small slide viewer last week. A bit of a mess.

Cleaned up the contacts with a brass brish in the Dremel. Still wouldn't work.

Turns out that the new cells were fractionally bigger and they jammed against ribs in the case. Dremeled the ribs down a bit...

Reply to
Bob Eager

The cheats place for batteries it seems.

because very few products take single cells. Now why don;t yuo tell me why they don;t stock the industrail durecell battery range.

I don't why are you suggesting that because you've lost yet again.

The idea behind procell and it's implementation changed with the internet.

Do you think ebay is teh cheatest place to buy electrnic componets the traic yuo paid 30 bob for.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I do that here typically 30 or 40 battereis if not more over a 2 week period.

30 PP3s ready for my next order in 30mins or so. 2 weeks ago I ordered ~160 AAs.

Studetns use them in the simple skills experiment. After the two weeks I test the batteries if they have >30% and get put back in stock for reuse.

Reply to
whisky-dave

But only by large users as you say.

Yes.

Do you really think that colouring diesel red would put people off using it. ? Do you think putting "not for human consumption" puts people of ingesting some chemicals.

It was mainly aimed atv factories and lareg institions that if suspicious could ask to see teh batteries in yuor walkman or even those just in your pocket.

Any employee could claim I brought them in the local shop, no I didn;lt keep the reciept, but on revealing procell batteries were present would prove that the person stole them and didn't buy them at the local shop.

Any employee found with procells in their pocket or equipment could only have got them from one place, that was the point of the lableing them originally.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've heard people on other groups saying it still applies, probably limited to USA, e.g.

"If not completely satisfied with your Duracell battery product, call

1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM ? 5:00PM EST). Duracell guarantees its batteries against defects in materials and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided as proof of claim."
Reply to
Andy Burns

You cheat with batteries?

And just what takes 10?

Is that the only brand your supermarket or poundshop doesn't sell?

Yes. From BBC stores at one point. Likely to to with H&S - knowing the BBC.

Really? You don't think the fact that Procell were cheaper to a large buyer of such things made any difference?

In a flash, I take it. Remember the ads well. 'Due to the arrival of the internet, Duracell have changed their branding'

How would you know? Your employer doesn't trust you to buy from the best value supplier. You've said.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very expensive power. A few mains power supplies with proper output protection would soon pay for themselves.

For things like portable appliances, mains ain't an option.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice theory. But it hasn't stopped you giving them away to all and sundry, though? Or do you regard them as yours to do with as you wish?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The 10 way battery holders I have, and my canon motor drive took 12 AAs Why do you think they sell then in boxes of 12.

-2130

any more dumb Qs

It's the ones I'm looking for yes. I want branded batteries.

I don;t buy batteries from the BBC.

No idea, you'll have to prove it though. But of course you'll believ anything won't you.

How can yuo make a small range of batteries cheaper than you can make them in bulk anyway ?

and some idiot thought all the bastard gettign away with cheap diesel meant for farmers I know we'll add red dye that'll stop them from using it.

They do trust us but they are worried by ebay and that they'll be expected to claim the money back if things go wrong. I buy from ebay for myself and amazon.

We let the studetns buy stuff themsleve from ebay the last on brought an ac celerometer that didn;t seem to work so we told him to send it back. It had a diagonally mark on it which I've heard the manufacueres do on some devices that aren't in spec but can be sold on. He brought an out of spec product for 20% the price of a working one. I brought him a working one ADXL335 or something similar we paid about ? ?10 he got his on ebay for £1.50

Reply to
whisky-dave

Perceived value.

Reply to