Duracell Industrial Batteries

Bought a couple of boxes of AAA and AA Duracell industrial Batteries at Too lstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops and ul tras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail varian ts but how do they compare power and duration wise?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

oolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops and ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail vari ants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

I have been buying these on ebay for 3 years. I use them inter alia with En ergizer rechargeable AA + AAA cells depending on the use. They have the sam e spec as the branded stuff.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Probably identical except they dont have to pay for national TV advertising.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Duracell Industrial (previously called Procell) have slightly better performance than the gold tops but are much cheaper although you have to buy in larger packs.

pamela

I bet JCB batteries are good - because they make good earthmoving equipment! (grin)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

oolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops and ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail vari ants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

Tests have shown that brand makes little difference to performance in most cases. The well advertised brands are not exceptions.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Toolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops an d ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail va riants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

The idea is/was that companies would buy them and their staff wouldn't nick them because they are easily identifible as being brought by the company y ou work for. It's my second choice for batteries and a 'no brainer/ when bu ying PP3s as they are only about a quid each and so much better than the po und shop 2 for a quid.

1st choice being GP AA and AAA as they are cheaper and good enough for our studetns to blow fuses and LEDs with.
Reply to
whisky-dave

I'm more concerned which models leak! (remote controls / test equipment)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

In the day, used to get through hundreds of MN 1604 with radio mics. We bought Duracell Pro in bulk. On accasion, when running out on location, we'd get the ordinary ones from the nearest supermarket, etc. Can't really say I noticed any difference in performance.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd have expected Duracell consumer/pro cells to roll off the same production line, maybe the differences shown in tests are due to different freshness?

I've had Duracell Pro/Industrial ones leak.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Do they have individual serial numbers on them that you keep a note of?

Or do you really think you are the only organisation that uses them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can you buy these battereis in poundshop and supermarkets ? Why only sell them in packs of 10 ?

We're not Industrial.

They replace the previous procells.

from the info. Industrial by Duracell batteries are built to higher standards, to perform better in high-drain applications. They?re the top choice in TV fil m sets, on movie sets and on production lines. They?re bulk packed, in boxes of 10, reducing packaging costs and resulting in a lower price fo r you. This packaging also reduces waste, to help you ?go green? ??.

why doesn;t the general public want battereis that are better in high curre nt applications and no one wants green packaging or to save money via reduc ed costs.

Try thinking about it, if at all possible, loko at the evidence.

Reply to
whisky-dave

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

m better in high-drain applications. They?re the top choice in TV f ilm sets, on movie sets and on production lines. They?re bulk packe d, in boxes of 10, reducing packaging costs and resulting in a lower price for you. This packaging also reduces waste, to help you ?go green ?.

guff guff

rent applications and no one wants green packaging or to save money via red uced costs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Some prisons use them because the staff bring their dead AA batteries in and swap them for the batteries in the prison TV set remotes. It's thought that this is a deterrent because of the searches on the way out.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Favourite cell, Kodak Alkaline from Poundland, 6 for a pound.

I do remember long ago Duracell had a guarantee on their cells that confidently said that their cells did not leak, and that they would repair or replace any equipment that suffered if they did.

That promise has mysteriously disappeared or been hushed. Anyone find it online?

When I've lain electronics down for a long while it's a pain to check and remove the cells. Ruined a good camera once :(

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Most of the sets of test results I have seen at moderate loads (~200mA), show a spread of around 0.5Ah between the best and worst AA alkalines. Which is a reasonable significant difference on a cell with a total capacity in the 2 to 3Ah range.

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't expect the original logic applies now but I think the Duracell Procell brand was conceived before Ebay, Amazon etc became established. At that time they weren't easy for the general public to obtain and could only be bought through wholesalers and trade distributors. Any employee found with them in their possession would have had difficulty explaining how they purchased them. Even if an accusation of theft couldn't be made to stick the difficulty of explaining how you'd acquired them was probably quite a good deterrent.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

orm better in high-drain applications. They?re the top choice in TV film sets, on movie sets and on production lines. They?re bulk pac ked, in boxes of 10, reducing packaging costs and resulting in a lower pric e for you. This packaging also reduces waste, to help you ?go green ?.

urrent applications and no one wants green packaging or to save money via r educed costs.

Work out why standard outlets that comsumers tend to buy battereis at don;t stock thses versions. if you think it;s because NO ONE wants cheap batteri es that are high power and are enviromentally packaged and therefor 'green' , then perhaps it's time you showed some evidence of what yuo believe.

The evidence that no one wants wants cheap batteries that are high power an d are enviromentally packaged.....

called durcell ultra.

or you could read between the lines here.

Or you can tell me what's so specail about Pro users ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Wasn't that Ray-o Vac?

Reply to