Dummy on Combi's

Been out of the country for many years. Just bought a house with what seems to be a very good Combi heating system. Found all of the radiator "out" valves wide open. Question is--do I need to balance the rads or do the thermal inlet valves take care of the old "balancing" problem. Thanks in advance to those who can answer this one.

Is there actually a problem with the system, e.g. some rads not heating up?
The balancing might have been done in the TRV's -- some have an adjustment for this too, e.g. Drayton, although I admit that's unlikely to have been done if there's an adjustable lockshield at the other end of the rad.
--
Andrew Gabriel

The TRVs will disguise the effect of poor balancing. However, it would still be advantageous to balance the system properly. This will ensure an even and quicker warm up of the house. Also, you can set the room with the room thermostat to warm up slightly slower than the other rooms. This ensures that it gets up to temperature last, so that the rest of the house gets fully heated before the room thermostat kicks in.
Christian.