Dummy AA battery?

I wos wrong..

In the 1966/7 Ever Ready catalogue there are:

D size: U2, LPU2 (the designation SP2 had presumably not yet been used) and HP2 C size: U11, LPU11, HP11 AA size: HP7 and U12/D14. Note the dual designation. It's also interesting that the HP7 is listed twice, once in High Power Batteries and again in General Purpose. AAA size: U16, HP16

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I happen to like Outlook Express and I do not care what you expected. You are the only one who has ever complained, so, tough shit.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

'In the Wet' must be the one you mean! His way of having a go at Labour government after the R101 fiasco.

One of mine, although 'Lonely Road' is very good. One or two I really didn't get on with at all.

Didn't know that, although I knew when he died. A fascinating man.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The SP designation came in at the same time as HP. The U was the earlier zinc carbon ones, and when the manganese (I think) HP ('High Power') versions came in, zinc carbon was rebranded as SP ('Standard Power').

Reply to
Bob Eager

Complaint+1

Reply to
polygonum

+1 more
Reply to
Bob Eager

I think he was celling you a line.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Actually, it seems I misinterpreted those two statements as being an argument by two people, hence my jumping to the conclusion I did. The absolute absurdity noted by Tim threw me off.

BTW, OE isn't the worst news reader client. That accolade now belongs to Live Mail.

Reply to
Johny B Good

yeah but I'm NOT that old ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

+1 more
Reply to
bert

Fair enough and okay :-) The +1 brigade and now retract. I think I've found a way to put OE on Windows 7 ..........

Reply to
Mr Pounder