Dulux Paintpod - not pumping paint

We have had two Dulux Paintpod's from B&Q.

Both do not pump paint.

Has anyone else had this problem?

B&Q are refusing to refund, they think we are doing something wrong and just want to send a Dulux engineer round.

Is there any way to fix this?

We could have painted the whole house by now with a standard roller!

Reply to
winsoar

Search the archive, there was a thread on these being affected by mobile phones IIRC.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Have you used a mobile phone anywhere near them?

Andy Champ

If its faulty and not pumping paint demand a refund. Obviously it will be under 12 months old. Failing that quote the sale of goods act and tell them its not fit for purpose. You are not alone here, I spoke to B&Q woman who said they had numerous of them returned with that fault. They are trying it on here. It wither pumps paint or it doesnt.

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Yes. Three ways. B&Q made the sale and have the responsibility. This is not something about which they can negotiate.

- B&Q have an almost unconditional money back guarantee within 30 days. Hold them to the fire on that.

- Insist on speaking to the manager and firmly insist on a refund and on compensation for having had to make three visits at least to his store. You should find that a refund as well as a voucher should be forthcoming.

- Call the credit card company and ask them to reverse the transaction. You did pay by credit card and not something like cash or a cheque, didn't you?

Reply to
Andy Hall

But it could be more interesting to see someone from Dulux!

Reply to
John

Perhaps they will send a sheepdog.

Reply to
Bruce

Nice to see J. Winsoar has been had by someone else....

Reply to
Adrian C

Christ on a bike.

I think I will stick to a tray.

Reply to
R D S

Maybe, except what are they going to do? They don't have the ability to refund the money and they will really want to try to persuadethe customer to keep the product.

On product return is perhaps reasonable. Two? Don't think so. Design or manufacturing fault. Either way, money back.

It's important that manufacturers feel pain when they screw up. They shouldn't be left to go free

Reply to
Andy Hall

I just think this is a silly gadget that was designed to enable Dulux to charge more for the same paint. It belongs in those sales brochures that are stuck through our letterboxes with increasing frequency. The ones that advertise bibs for the elderly, expanding slippers, self-cleaning incontinence pants and similar not-to-be-missed marvels.

MM

Reply to
MM

We are now on the third one and that doesn't work either!

Dulux lines are closed so I can't speak to them about it and B&Q say I can't change it again so I will have to have an engineer out from Dulux!

Reply to
winsoar

All the Paintpod's I've tried so far transmit from the handle OK. The motor whirrs but no paint gets sucked. This suggests to me that the dip sticks are not functioning properley.

James.

Reply to
winsoar

B&Q sold the product and know full well that they can't get away with that.

Secondly, if Dulux really are sending out an engineer for a £70 paint pot, there is something very wrong. It would cost them most of the price of the product to do so.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Indeed, they obviously have problems with loads of them and are running scared. Get Trading Standards involved. Open a can of whoop ass.

Exactly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Who sells those? Where can I buy a crate of them? Screwfix?

So far, all I'm seeing from the Kingfisher Group on this is Teflon spray for their shoulders.

Mind you, if it's part of an agreement between Dulux and B&Q in the event of problems, I think that a certain shaggy dog will have his tail well and truly between his legs.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've never _ever_ had any problem getting a refund from B&Q, be it having bought excess, changing my mind or getting faulty goods. Perhaps it's the OP's approach that's causing the difficulty.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That's kind of what I meant.

I've never had problems there either. In fact on the third return of something I received a refund and a store voucher on top.

Perhaps this is such a widespread problem that their HQ has simply handed out a procedure to the stores on what they want them to do. Nonetheless, I wouldn't settle for less than a refund.

This appears to be a developing pantomime.

Reply to
Andy Hall