Dulux Paint

Can anyone advise how I may be able to buy Dulux Trade Diamond Matt Paint cheapest. I need about 30 Litres of the stuff in one colour. Have tried B&Q/Homebase who cannot help. Have been advised to go to Dulux Decorator Centre but they are charging £40/5 litres which is far too expensive. I was told that if I buy it through an account holder I could get it much cheaper? But dont know anyone who has an account with them. Any other options?

Sid

Reply to
Yaz

I forgot to make a note of the price, but noticed that Makro had 15L tubs of that on the shelf today. I am pretty sure they were not asking £40 for it (and that was for three times the amount).

Reply to
John Rumm

Frankly I doubt there is very much difference between the different brands of TRADE paint. Trade paint is more expensive than diy paint, but is of a far superior quality and covering power; perhaps allowing one less coat to be applied?

I would expect to pay around £20/5 litres of quality trade emulsion paint in any colour I wanted. perhaps the "diamond" stuff is at a (perceived) premium. Just go to a builders merchant, most have a mixing machine, if you really want Dulux then you may have to look further afield. The bigger merchants usually have two mixing machines one Dulux and one of another brand. Dulux seem to have something of a loyalty cult going with some decorators.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ask nicely at your local Crown Decorator Centre and they'll mix the equivalent Crown product in the Dulux colour and maybe give you something off because you're buying 30l.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Under no circumstances assume that it will match, however, because it won't.

Reply to
Huge

In my experience (of matching Dulux colours in Crown products) it will match most of the time.

Reply to
Peter Johnson