Ducting for oil pipeline

The Oftec guidelines suggest installing oil pipe lines (for a domestic central heating system) in a concrete duct. Does anyone know where I could buy suitable precast concrete sections?

An alternative may use corrugated plastic sleeve with holes drilled in it to let any water out.

Reply to
Michael Chare

If you are running a 10mm plastic coated pipe the use of a concrete duct will be total overkill and cost a fortune. The oil pipe is waterproof so it isn't really necessary to use draining sleeve. I have used the stuff that farmers use for field drains but it is corrugated and is a bastard to push a pipe through. The most successful stuff I have used is some semi-rigid 35mm smooth plastic from a builders merchant. They stock it for electrical cable but its black rather than orange.

Reply to
John

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Michael Chare" saying something like:

Alkathene pipe.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I would have thought that one purpose of the duct was to prevent contamination of the soil if the pipeline leaks, so permeable pipe may not be the best idea. Underground soil drain pipes would provide protection and, being smooth, would be much easier to push the pipeline through.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

I need to have a couple of bends and I was assuming that a corrugated pipe would bend quite easily. The idea is to protect it so that it does not get damaged and start leaking! Valuable stuff these days!

Reply to
Michael Chare

Underground soil pipe will provide better mechanical protection than all but the most expensive flexible ducting and, as the contents need to flow easily, it has nice sweeping curves available. I do have a catalogue of different types of pipe and ducting at work, but as I moved the office last week, I cannot guarantee I can find it quickly. If I do, I'll post the options in a day or two.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

nightjar Underground soil pipe will provide better mechanical protection than all but

Google for BT duct 56

Reply to
Andy Burns