Dual switches for mother/daughter lamp?

Does anyone know where i can get 2 switches housed in one package for a mother/daughter lamp so that each switch controls the daughter and mother lamps?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
blackhead

No idea what you are going on about.

I'm sure it's my ignorance, but what is/are mother/daughter lamps?

Reply to
Rod

[www_acehardwareoutlet_com]

Reply to
Graham.

Ahhh! - I found this:

wasn't very illuminating. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Cute, but it only has one bulb.

Perhaps if the OP told us a little more about what he wants to achieve. Doesn't the lamp already have individual switches? Perhaps he wants additional ones in the cable, or even on the wall, either way he is going to be short of a conductor in the cable. The bulbs might be low voltage with a common transformer.

Reply to
Graham.

on my Father in laws there are two switches/dimmer on the unit and both bulbs are mains voltage halogens

Reply to
Kevin

Is your Father in law's Mother and Daughter lamp your Grandmother and aunt lamp? No that's not right; it must be your grandmother-in-law and aunt-in-law's lamp. Now you've got me really confused...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Again! All the posts I would have made today have already been posted! :-)

I was just thinking "... and aunt" when I clicked onto your post.

Reply to
Rod

Wall switches come in 2 gang, but for inline flex switches I think they'll be harder to find. Plus as someone said you'd probably need new flex with an extra conductr, unless you plan to convert an earthed lamp to [[]]. If you dont find a suitable switch, cannibalising one from an electric blanket may do the job.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What's with all this sex discrimination what about father/son lights.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The lamp already has 2 switches, one of which no longer works so I'm having to replace the dual switch unit myself. They each switch in the

240v to the respective lamp and that's it; no fancy power control etc.
Reply to
blackhead

Is anybody really shedding any light on this rather dim subject. Am rather at the point, reading this thread of ..... "Ask a dumb question ........ ?"

Seems like we are in the dark about information concerning the lamp, circuit or type of bulbs, existing switches etc. etc.

Isn't this about as vague as saying; "My house leaks ....................." without describing where, and why ?

Reply to
terry

Hope you are not going to forget Grandfather/Grandson lamps ... they maybe getting on a bit now though. Dave

Reply to
Dave