Dual Box or 2 Singles For Power and Coax?

Hello all

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs (spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV and FM signals. I'm going to chase the cables into the plaster but wondered what would be the best solution for a back box for the power socket and the aerial and FM wall plate. Would a dual box back be a better solution than 2 single boxes, it would certainly be tidier, or would the power cause interferance for the coax cable and result in bad reception?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On 15 Feb 2005 15:26:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Richard) strung together this:

Ah, here we have the North\South thing again.

If I'm down South a dual metal box gets me a box into which a dual socket fits, i.e. a 2 gang 13A socket.

If I'm up North a dual metal box would get me a metal box into which I could fit 2 x 1 gang accessories.

I'd go for the Northern option, all the boxes I've ever had have had a metal strip inbetween the two halves so there isn't any inteference. This is removed for non-intefering applications.

Reply to
Lurch

I hope the cables are well separated.

If there is no divider, it's unlikely to meet the regs.

Reply to
Bob Eager

By what distance is well seperated? its double shielded coax cable CT100 spec.

Thanks

Richard

solution

Reply to
r.rain

I must admit it confuses the hell out of me. I bought a load of dual boxes once thinking my double sockets would fit but they were too big

I'll look for the divider type

Thanks again Lurch

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

AFAIR, 50mm. No doubt someone else will chip in...

Reply to
Bob Eager