Drywall adhesive doesn't......

Well, not very well it seems, I have tried dampening the walls, keying in and two differing makes / batches but the result is still the same - I leave for a few days and the bonding is very weak - a fingertip touch and it comes unstuck. Have tried priming with 1:5 PVA but even worse, so wondering if its just too warm to do this at the moment ? (which I can't believe)

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
froggers

The initial bond is suction, which should be greater when the surface is sealed and the dabs are big and sloppy. I always think of sticking a licence plate on the windscreen when trying to fathom the mysteries of adhesion. What you can't do is fiddle about adjusting it because more than a couple of mm movement breaks the suction. Slap it up and leave it would be my advice. If you have to move it, re-mix the plaster.

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , stuart noble >

Are you using plasterboard adhesive? It has a horrible smell. Neil

Reply to
Niel A. Farrow

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies - I think I've cracked it - the mix was a bit too dry and the walls unusually absorbent (adsorbent?) - I made it as sloppy as I could without dropping off, gave it a good slapping and fingers are crossed whilst it sets and cures (?)

Nick

Reply to
froggers