Dry Rot

Can anyone recommend a brush on treatment for dry rot fungus on brickwork, the offending wood has been removed but I've still got a couple of square metres of 'growth'. Local shops all have wood hardener but that's not what I need. There won't be any wood going back, it was what was simply stored against a slightly damp wall.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I think it's normally torched off with a blow lamp, but watch for any holes through the wall, and not setting light to something on the other side.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Cuprinol 5 Star may be suitable.

Reply to
David

Cuprinol 5* might deal with it but if you haven't cured the damp it may well go "exploring" for any other timber it can get at. If it really is/was dry rot it's an insideous fungus and can spread more or less invisibly from where it is obvious. I'm under the impression that commercial treatment firms remove everything within a meter of the visible growth, then treat the exposed surface before reinstating plaster etc. But if they don't cure the damp...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You used to be able to get "dry rot treatment" chemical for wood and masonry. Stinks - lots of ventilation needed.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Cuprinol five star. The price will make you wince.

Reply to
harryagain