Dry lining over a gas pipe

I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board. There is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the pipe under the plaster board

Sam

Reply to
Sam Farrell

I asked the same question a few days ago!:

(or )

Check Ed Sirett's sig for a link to the various gas standards

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yes. You can put some duck tape around it if you like, but it's not imperative.

Reply to
Phil L

What is the reason for wrapping it with Duck Tape? - Steve B.

Reply to
steveybar

The copper can be affected by alkalis from plaster, cement, etc, - the tape prevents the copper being in contact with these alkalis...as I said, it's not imperative in this case, but we don't know what's in/on the wall behind the battens.

Reply to
Phil L

While Duck/Duct tape would probably do the job. The usual method to comply with the 8.9.4(e) is to apply denso (yuk!) tape around the pipe where it comes through the p/board.

Note that pipe is to be run in a purpose provided duct within the stud wall.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The message from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Metal trunking, or a plasterboard box or what?

Reply to
Guy King