Dry lining cellar - Bldg Regs?

here:

> and here:
> To summarise the first article, there is concern that the contractors

also should remember that the wondrous (in their time) victorians and their forebears had a limited understanding of physics, chemistry medicine you name it, they worked with what they had (or what they could buy for what they wanted to spend) as we all do.

Builders are not always the sharpest knives in the drawer, and I expect vast numbers of houses were thrown up without any real technical reference to their local conditions at all, i.e. on a "just like the last lot" basis, ultimately driven by cost, - they weren't "owner built".

I would expect that basically "hiding" cellar walls should not necessarily impinge on anything, given enough ventilation.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

so... if i get the stud walling done & add some sockets (sparky) = no Bldg Ctrl required?

if I then add a radiator (done by pukka heating bod) = Bldg Ctrl required? for all of it ? or just the rad?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K