Dry Lined Wall Fixings

Hi, again. Looking at changing my kitchen and fitting some wall units but the walls in the house are drylined. Are there any fixings that I should use for hanging wall units on drylined walls. If I can avoid cutting the plasterboard to fit a baton on which to attach the fixings then that would be super.

Thanks Matt

Reply to
tamtb

Depends on what you mean by dry lined. If the walls are of platerboard fixed to timber studs you could fix into them, the PB itself probably won't hold a kitchen unit with much in it.

If its dot & dab plasterboard then you can go through the PB and fix into the brick/block behind it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Another trick that is worth considering is to plate the area in question with MDF sheet screwed to the studs, and then hang the copboards on that.

It paints up with emulsion fine.

And is a first class base for tiles also.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't even think about attaching kitchen wall cupboards to plasterboard. Someone will die.

Use another method, like:

  1. Swapping out the plasterboard for MDF or ply. Attach to that.
  2. Remove plasterboard, insert noggings and attach to those.
  3. Locate studs and screw through the back of the units into the studs.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle