Drugasar K!4 Heat Exchanger Unit

Does anyone have any good leads to a stockist of the "Drugasar K!4 Heat Exchanger"

"Drugasar" is the UK arm of "Dru" the Dutch parent company. "Heat Exchange Unit" is another synonym.

The obvious stockists don't seem to stock it, so any less obvious leads would be very much appreciated.

Reply to
Harrison Hill

You will, of course, have tried contacting the UK branch of Dru themselves?

snipped-for-privacy@drufire.co.uk

Their UK depot is apparently in Swinton, Manchester, M27 0JH.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thanks, but they don't stock it because "there isn't any demand". I guess they'd rather sell bright, new, shiny, heaters :(

Reply to
Harrison Hill

I dealt with them ~12 years ago when I had an excellent proportional control Dru gas wall heater*. They were very helpful, but sadly the heat exchanger for it was no longer available. (I don't know how old it was at that point.) Neither did they any longer do a 4.5kW heater; only smaller ones for home use or bigger ones for commercial use. Otherwise I would probably have bought another to replace it. Anyway, that forced me to install central heating.

*After I'd pulled the thermostat phile out from behind the heater so that it wasn't self-heating, it was maintaining the room temperature stability to within a tiny fraction of 1C. It was easy to add remote control by sellotaping a couple of resistors to the phile to generate setback, and it worked in power cuts as it had no electricity supply.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel