Drop handle springs

Are drop handle springs universal?

I mean, do different makes of drop handles generally use similar springs?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

'Fraid you've lost me! What are you referring to as a "drop handle"?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Sorry, I should have said "lever door handles".

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Reply to
F Murtz

Are drop handle springs universal?

No they are not universal. Quality door furniture manufactures tend to use quality springs, Crap manufactures use...

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Muddymike scribbled

... which is why they drop...

Reply to
Jonno

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Of course some mortise door locks tend to also use strong or weak springs, so on a given door, you may or may not need the spring if its a locking type door.

Its a great pity my old haunt of transatlantic plastics vanished in the big diy carve up as they seemed to source some nice well makde handle sets. Looking at some in a diy shed recently made me realise we never had it so good. I decided that the old round door knobs relying on the mortise locks spring was perhaps the lesser of several evils. The trend might come back after all!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Brian Gaff" wrote in news:n9veab$594$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me: