Drone from water pipes

I replaced the outside tap the other day and since then I get an "drone" noise occuring intermitently when I turn the taps on. It seems to be coming from the pipework under the sink - when I hold the mixer head at the kitchen sink I can feel a vibration and the noise decreases. It only does it for about 5-10 seconds and then goes away again.

Anybody got a clue about what it could be?

Thanks!

Reply to
greg leece

When you isolated the pipework you worked on, you turned the taps fully off, tight. When you turn them on again, it could be a piece of something is lodged in the pipes, or at the isolator tap, and the pressure is making it rattle.

Did you remove any pipe clips? Did you change the route of the pipework? Did you make sure any sealant tape was properly wrapped around the threads of any joints you made?

Reply to
BigWallop