Driving past a sodding big antenna

Only in the semenary (sic)

Reply to
Phi

's in the copper pipes? And if the answer is "Air", what do they do?

Reply to
Clive George

Another copper tube - they're coaxial lines.

Reply to
Andy Wade

>What's in the copper pipes? And if the answer is "Air", what do they do? Another copper pipe - it's a rather large coaxial "cable"!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

On the TV police reality shows they often seem to be driven by immigrants. They police take their details and of course many never turn up in court.

Reply to
MB

Yep we pay through the nose for tax, MOT and insurance so that when someone with none of the above crashes into us, we can pay even more.

Its the standard Marxist principle of take from those who have worked hard for it and give it to a useless waster smacked out of his brain, with a criminal record.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ive got one of those in the garage...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its advisable to maintain insurance for fire and theft on SORNED cars..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you can get it. I have a couple of pre-sorn basket cases and my insurance company cancelled the insurance decades ago on the grounds they weren't fully assembled and in full working order. I suppose in retrospect I should be thankful as I doubt whether I would get for a total loss as much as I have saved by not having them insured.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Usually very dry Nitrogen rather than air!. Inside each pipe is another pipe so as to form a co-axial structure rather like the TV or satellite cable you use at home except this one has to carry vastly more power and to avoid losses and carry such power its made out of copper pipes and costs a small fortune;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Reply to
grimly4