Dripping taps

Funny... several of my mains taps have started dripping in the last couple of weeks. In fact, everyone I talk to about it also has dripping taps. Is it a phenomena around here or is it something more general like the recent cold weather that is making the washers harder?
Colin

Perhaps the pressure has gone up now that people are no longer filling their swimming pools! <g>
--
Cheers,
Set Square
wrote:

the last

has
something more

washers
filling their

This is my favourite explanation.
Colin
Colin wrote:

Mmm. I do notice that if I turn on my bath taps a little - sort of 'moderate flow' - after a few seconds they practically turn themselves off due to presumably hot washers expanding?