Dripping tap

Hi all,

I have a problem with a dripping tap. The problem here is that it's one of those 'mixer' taps that has the hot and cold water supply flowing into a single spout.

Images here:

here.

underside of the tap looks like this:

red ring is where it meets the underside of aluminium sink.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about opening this tap so that I can inspect it and replace or tighten a part that is causing the dripping?

TIA,

Reply to
Epetruk

The washer in the housing of one of the taps probably needs replacing? normally to get at these the turn part of the tap has a blanking plate on the top of the tap you have to prise it of with a thin blade to reveal a screw.

could be the hot or cold so best do both.

Reply to
ben

Is there a grub screw at the back. Mine has one which prevents the mixer spout from being pulled off.

Undo the screw - pull off the spout - replace a couple of "o" rings. Apply silicone grease - easy. Then grease every 2 years.

Reply to
john

"Epetruk" wrote;

Prise the 'top' off with a thin knife and you will see a screw - remove it and the tap handle should come off. Under that is a brass hexagon - make sure the water is off - undo the heagon and the whole assembly should come out. It's called a 'jumper' I think.

Take it to your local DIY shed and you will easily find a replavcement. You can just change the washer, but a complete replacement isn't that dear. Them come in packs of two, so you might as well do both taps while you are at it.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

I've got the same problem, but I can't shift the brass hexagon nut. Don't want to give too much force in case something breaks off. Any ideas on how to loosen it?

Dave

Reply to
David

WD40 Big adjustable spanner Patience