Dripping mixer tape - help with valve type

Hi,

I've got a dripping mixer tap (dripping from hot water side). I took it apart expecting a washer/jumper type fitting but it has a rotating cylindrical metal plate with two holes in it on a plastic insert and two (what look like) rubber grommet/spring things which push against it forcing a seal when the valve is shut. These grommet/spring fittings are worn and I'd like to replace them but I've not got a clue what they are called!

Can anyone help me with the name of them or what this type of valve is called? Are they a common type of tap fitting? They seem a bit half-arsed to me

Mazza

Sounds like ceramic glands. I assume the taps are quarter-turn operating types? If it's a common make you should be able to get replacement glands from plumbers' merchants or B&Q. They come in 2 different sorts for taps that open opposite ways (e.g. mixer taps) or where both turn the same way. If it's a Franke or something posh you may have to order the correct type. The differences are generally in the splined shaft fitting to the tap handle: all[1] glands fit all[1] tap bodies.

[1] for values of 'all' probably rather less than 1.0000
Reply to
john.stumbles

I was trying to imagine dripping mixer tape - maybe a case of dali it yourself?

NT

Reply to
bigcat