Drilling into concrete floor

I want to drill a number of holes through the concrete floor of my house. This is to fix some heavy equipment to the floor. I presume there is a damp proof membrane which would be punctured.

Is this advisable to do? Would injecting some sort of silicone into the holes make good the damp proofing? Or what is the solution to my problem?

Reply to
Captain Windsock

expansion bolts & bitumen, silicone, or any other totally waterproof gloop. Note that many things sold as waterproof aren't really.

Another option is to resin some stud in (threaded rod). The resin does both jobs then.

NT

Reply to
NT

if you don't thru drill ... floor should be at least 150mm thick ... so a resin in anchor at 100mm deep would be the way to go. They put far less stress on floor ... and give a better fixing

Reply to
Rick Hughes