Drilling holes in double glazing frames

I have a condensation problem in my home and it seems that it is down to poor ventilation as all the windows are double glazed with no vents. So, I have bought some trickle vents from the company who recently built our conservatory.
Question is: what is the best way to drill through the steel in the frames. I have started by marking and drilling a series of holes, but this will take a very long time! Is there a better drill bit (for Bosch SDS) or better yet I need a router - will Rotozip do the job?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:53:19 -0000, TrueBlue wrote:

You don't want to do much of that. The steel in plastic frames is to give them enough strength to support themselves let alone any load the building (over time) might place upon them...
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Aren't the vents usually an add on part *over* the window frame? They are on both the window and patio doors I bought from Screwfix. I wouldn't fancy hacking into the main frame.
Might be easier to simply provide vents through the wall, with 'hit or miss' outlets.
--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

says...

Bottom line? Don't do it!
Factory fitted trickle vents are fitted either in the head of the window (the outer frame) or in the opening sash depending on manufacturing methods and installation circumstances. Cutting a large hole in the reinforcement in the head, as noted above, may cause the frame to sag and you might inadvertently be trying to drill through a frame fixing. Cutting the sash will weaken it.
If the window is fitted with an espagnolette locking mechanism you could simply open (and lock it) in the night vent position.
--
Ziggur
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

I thought this had only recently become a building regs requirement. There seem to be plenty of houses with el-cheapo windows where the owner had turned down the offer to pay extra for vents. Are we sure these windows have steel in them or they old-fashioned aluminium windows ?. Don't even think of going near them with a router though, unless you want to spend time in casualty.
--
Andrew