Drilling holes for coax?

Hi all, I have an existing sky dish connecting through the gable wall into my loft where digital coax feeds down to several of the rooms (hat of to the the builder for this - saves having black cable strung around the outside of the house). I'm adding a quad lnb to my sky dish to connect

1 or 2 other rooms. Since all the cabling will come through the same part of the wall is it best to enlarge the existing hole to accommodate all cables (will end up being a bit of an ugly hole) or make separate holes for each cable adding those neat little sleeve/collar things to each (maybe several holes will look weird?). If I go for one hole I guess I can just squeeze some sealant in finish it off a bit neater.
Reply to
AA

|Hi all, |I have an existing sky dish connecting through the gable wall into my |loft where digital coax feeds down to several of the rooms (hat of to |the the builder for this - saves having black cable strung around the |outside of the house). I'm adding a quad lnb to my sky dish to connect |1 or 2 other rooms. Since all the cabling will come through the same |part of the wall is it best to enlarge the existing hole to accommodate |all cables (will end up being a bit of an ugly hole) or make separate |holes for each cable adding those neat little sleeve/collar things to |each (maybe several holes will look weird?). If I go for one hole I |guess I can just squeeze some sealant in finish it off a bit neater.

Besides sealant remember to have a drip loop on each cable, to prevent rain seeping inside on the outside of the cable.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

As well as that good advice, it is advisable to drill holes at a slight angle downwards outwards, only a few degrees, to prevent any water ingress from reaching the inner leaf of the cavity wall.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" wrote

That's a good one! If the top of your drill is parallel to the drill bit axis, then tape a cheap spirit level to the top of the drill to make assessment of drill level easier.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster