Drilling hole in basin sink ?

Hi,

I got hold of a basin sink and pedestal unit some time back. I was considering fixing the basin firmly to the wall using thrubolts. However, there only seems to be two small holes at the bottom back of the basin - presumably just to hold it against the wall while the pedestal takes the weight. However, I would still like to anchor it to the wall so the wall can carry the weight if I ever want to move the pedestal. Is it possible to drill an extra couple of holes in a ceramic/porcelain type basin?

TIA

Reply to
ZeitGeist

I don't think I'd try that - you may end up with a bigger hole than you bargain for - or even two-piece basin!

If you want to support it without using a pedestal it would be far better to construct a wall-mounted bracket which supports the basin where the pedestal would otherwise be. You may even be able to buy a bracket - I'm sure I've seen something of the kind in hospitals.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Do you not have a deep recess either side of the waste at the back, that forms like a 3/8" thick 'wall'? If so, you could use proper basin brackets, similar to corner basin brackets. Screwed to the wall, two of those should hold the basin up, with or without the pedestal. Brad

Reply to
BRAD