Drilling Basin for Fixings?

Hi all

OK so SWMBO talked me into getting one of these trendy style-over-functionality wash hand basins for the downstairs toilet re-furb. On delivery, I find that the fixing holes aren't drilled :(. There are some stickers on the outside of the rectangular basin, a bit like targets, presumably to indicate the drilling points. The basis casting is "double skinned" and on the inside wall, there are largish holes corresponding to the marked positions on the outer skin.

So the question:

How (apart from very carefully) and with what do I drill the holes through the outer glazed wall without risking removal of large chunks of wall and/or glaze? The fixing holes are on the long side of the basin and one of them is within 50mm of the top.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

use a tile scribe/cutter to scrape a hole thru the glaze then carefully drill with a masonary bit...slow revs...hammer action off ;-)

Reply to
rich_bike

I think I would go with one of the diamond or grit edged mini dry core bits for that. Porcelain is 'kin hard to scratch with a masonry bit!

are few relevant bits in:

John Rumm