Drill powered vac?

Hi All

I've seen those little pumps powered by your electric drill - don't know if they are of any use, but what I'd like is a version that acted like a small vacuum cleaner.

Be nice to drill a few holes then vac up the dust without all the kerfuffle of getting the vacuum cleaner out.

Do such things exist?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Don't think so. You wouldn't get enough speed, AFICS.

The nearest solution that I can think of is a little mains powered Dust Buster type of thing that I have - can't remember the manufacturer for the moment. That's easy to get out and put away.

Otherwise, there are little cleaners with hose for DIY purposes like the Bosch Ventaro. With that one, everything packs away neatly in the (quite small) box. DeWalt have something similar.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Prolly not. It'd need a fairly high gearing ratio, and even moderately durable gearboxes to take 500W or so are fairly expensive.

Consider a very small 'car' vacuum cleaner, or a tiny mains one.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

The two I had ended up in the bin. You must have got the good one :-)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I doubt it - much easier to use a Handyvac or similar.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Metabo make a vacuum cleaner attachment that fits to the end of the hose; imagine a shallow cup with a hole in its base at the centre, and a tube where the cup handle would be. Connect to cleaner, place cup rim on wall with hole in line with spot to be drilled, and the cup will stay there , held by vacuum, whilst you pick up your drill. Stick drill through hole and pull trigger.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

No. There are drills with vac tubes, and there are hand held vacs like the old Hoover Dustette. Dont get a B&D dustbuster, they dont last, and arent too good anyway. If you can get an old Dustette thats the thing to get. Performance wise no comparison.

If you've never heard of them google: dustette "british medical journal"

NT

Reply to
meow2222