Drill bits for power screwdriver

I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other. Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter" of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Search Ebay for this "drill hex"

Reply to
robgraham

B&Q sell two different sets of three sizes.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Many thanks

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

What brands to look for? Many seem to be sh-te quality, with the bits just glued into the hex bit, so it soon spins.

NT

Reply to
NT

What brands to look for? Many seem to be sh-te quality, with the bits just glued into the hex bit, so it soon spins.

I bought some excellent quality hex shank drill bits from Axminster tools. The drill bit is held by a collett on the end of the hex stem and is replaceable. Axminster sell replacement bits specifically for this purpose in packs of 5.

David Kemper

Reply to
David Kemper

If you mean drill bits get a reasonably priced set that allows you to adjust and replace the actual drills. They should have allen head grub screws for this.

If you mean screwdriver bits, get a box of 20 or 50 PZ 2 bits buy a well known manufacturer.

You can buy them at =A31.30 quid a pop or you can buy them bulk for less than half that price. Check prices online at Screwfix.

Buying sets means you collect stuff you won't use in the ratio of 4 or

6 to one.

The metals used will not be up to snuff and the end result will be a lot of wasted time, effort and screws.

Later you will have trouble extracting screws fixed with crappy screwdriver bits as the slots will be rounded. Also there are a lot of crappy screws on the market. China and most Asian suppliers are selling us their communist era hangovers.

There is no such thing as ISO anymore thanks to people like Steve Ballmer. Learn to live with it and become discerning. Do that or die ignorant.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I haven't looked closely, but I'm sure the Bosch ones that came with my drill/driver were one piece. Similarly, the replacements from a well know high street shed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Local hardware shop.

These things are incredibly common. They're cheap (good or bad quality) and the quality is either uniformly adequate, if a bit low, or else excellent (Wiha, Wera, etc). So you'll find them anywhere, there's not much difference between them, and convenience in getting to the shop probably matters more than the cost of the product itself.

If you do want good ones, Wiha or Wera from Toolstation or Screwfix. Sets are good, as it's useful to have a range of all sizes and both Pozi and Phillips head. It's also worth having a manual ratchet screwdriver that uses them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So, what do Pozi and Phillips head drill bits look like?

Do they drill special shape holes that only take those types of screws?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 04:16:14 -0700, "Man at B&Q" wibbled:

PMT?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Pedant means (screw-driver) tips?