Dried on cr@p round bog rim

SWMBO hasn't been very well recently after a meal in a dodgy restaurant (don't ask). However, the rather unpleasant side effect of this is that where the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's dried fast and is very difficult to get off. I've tried bleach, Mr Muscle and brushing - but it won't shift.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't want the rats back.

Rhys

Reply to
Rhys Williams

Assuming this isn't a troll....

Latex gloves and Stanley blade whilst being careful ?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Yuck, that sounds nasty and beggers the question (for the record) what manner of meal/food poisoning combo would cause such immovable crap? And how on earth did it get under the rim? Where presumably it's unnoticeable anyway?

It sounds like you've tried all the obvious. It may be time to don the shades and false beard, put on a husky low voice and go down the local hardware shop and ask for something a tad more industrial.

Your secret's safe here.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Reply to
rhys_williams

A pair of rubber gloves ,a scrubbing brush and some AJAX scouring powder ( yes,you can still get it ) and just go for it . Stuart .

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

I didn't want to spell this out, but she's a big lady and from the sounds she was making was blowing like the great storm of '89 in there. I don't want to use anything too industrial, as it's part of a =A3599 new bathroom suite that cost me thrice as much to get installed in February.

I swear she did it on purpose!

Reply to
rhys_williams

Ajax? Can you still get it?? I've been looking around for it for ages, Tesco, Sainsbury's etc.. but no joy. Where do you get yours from?

Reply to
Ian Waddell

Nice..... Just came back from Holiday and someone left something I can only describe as quick setting concrete in the planes toilet. Even with the immense suction that plane toilets create and endless amounts of water it just wouldn't budge, no amount of water, paper or crowbars managed to budge it, till I saw one of the stewardesses go in with what looked like a spatula and some cleaning fluid. Needless to say I didn't eat the meal after that!

Reply to
Oliver

I don't want to use anything too industrial, as it's part of a £599 new bathroom suite that cost me thrice as much to get installed in February.

I swear she did it on purpose!

If it's so badly damages then claim on your household insurance or stop being a whimp !

This really is starting to sound like a troll.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I'd go for soaking with hot water, of course the hard bit is getting the water to up stay there. So a J cloth or similar soaked and stuffed up the rim for an hour or three and kept wet should soften it up again. Then a bit of the good old elbow grease.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

obvious troll and even if it isn't someone needs to tell you

/*get the fat cow to clean her own crap off the rim*/

RT

Reply to
[news]

stuffed

yeah, it shoudl be easy if treated right. Hot water and cheapo washing up liquid, which is the best stuff for quick softening. Apply it every few minutes, once its soft it just brushes off effortlessly.

Did you know shit used to be used in buildings like cement?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Even trolls have toilets, and I imagine trollcrap _would_ be quite hard to clean.

I sincerely hope I've cleaned worse toilets than anyone else reading this - homeless shelter, full of smackheads. They don't crap very often, what with the bowel-paralysing diet of opiates, but when they do, oh boy.... We got through a _lot_ of conc. sulphuric acid drain cleaner.

Actually there _are_ worse things to clean from a toilet. Anyone obese on a diet of Olestra and fat-absorbtion-blocking drugs (what are the damn things called?). It has to go _somewhere_.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

mate of mine was on them and against our advice and medical instructions, ate a greasy chinese meal. a few hours later he experienced the anticipated 'anal leakage' but because it was vegetable oil and at body temperature he didn't notice until it was pointed out to him that he'd left an extremely /foul/ smelling oil patch on a seat. oh, how we laughed

RT

Reply to
[news]

The great storm was October 14th 1987. I know because my wife had just given birth to my daughter in hospital and she was on the top floor. Emergency plans were laid to move everyone to a safer location.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting usenet messages is configured such that my antispam filter will automatically update itself so that the senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do need to contact me please visit my web site and submit an enquiry -

Andrew McKay

I feel a best seller coming on...

"101 Ways To Remove Stubborn Shit"

It would probably just be a flash in the pan though.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Hi Rhys

How about one of those steam cleaning machines? Argos sell them

should shift it and sterilize any oooh nasties at the same time.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

It's usually recognised as being the night of 15/16th October - since this is when the main damage occured. Though the storm did start to develop earlier.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

There was also a smaller storm in 1990, much less actual damage was caused but there were more deaths and injuries due to the storm taking place in daylight hours. Gordon Kaye, from 'Allo Allo' fame, was critically injured by this storm when a piece of wood pieced his skull.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Yep you are definitely correct. I remember because Friday is our dustbin collection day, and I had put out everything on the Thursday night for the early Friday morning collection.

Never saw the dustbin again.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Gibson