Dremel cutting disks

Will a Dremel cope with cutting fins off an aluminium heatsink? I need to cut fins out near the middle, so it'll be trying to cut 7 or 8 at a time, not one by one.
If you have a router, could you not make up a simple jig? A TCT cutter should do it if everything's secure and you take it a bit at a time.
W.

I need to

at a time,

I used mine to cut through a an aluminium ventian blind the other day - the thick part at the top which holds the works - worked a treat!

the
I went to B&Q to get the cutting disks etc. and realised it would be cheaper to get a new heatsink posted to my house, rather than alter the one I had!
Hello Doki

What sort of heatsink? If off a CPU it'll be fine - if off a refrigerated trailer unit it'll struggle.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

There are two sorts of cutting disk: thin ones which are very brittle but will cut hardened things (like padlock hasps) very fast, and somewhat thicker ones based on resin and abrasive impregnated course cloth. You can be quite rough with these, but because the cut width is much wider, it takes longer. I always used to think that advert showing someone cutting a nail with a dremel was silly, but in fact I'm surprised how often I do use them for this sort of job.
On 27 Aug 2003 20:11:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (OldScrawn) wrote:

I've had one for ages but when I spend ages messing with something fiddly I always forget I have the damn thing and could have done the job in seconds without any injuries. :-)
Mark S.
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:52:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@digdilem.org (Simon Avery) wrote:

;o)
Rascal! Bye now! Slowbloke