Draytona Flowshare 2

You can change just the synchro motor in many actuators. Screwfix do one for under 8 quid which fits ACL Drayton 672, 679 and 773 actuators. Is your one of these?

Having said that, that may not be the problem. If the mechanical (wet) part of the valve is sticking, replacing the actuator - or parts thereof - won't make any difference. So you need to identify the root cause, and attack

*that*.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me.....

I have a Drayton Flowshare 2 3 port valve..it is causing me endles problems by sticking in one position or the other.

The question is....does anybody know if i can replace just the syncr motor head or is it a drain down and complete swap of valve?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Regard

-- sweetpea

Reply to
sweetpea

Thanks for the advice guys..it is appreciated.

Is there quick way of establishing which sycron motor i have? will i have a reference number stamped on it somewhere?

Also, you mention about the 'wet' part of the valve...there are wha appear to be four retaining screws on the base of the actuator and black mount sitting between the actuator and the valve.....can this b released or will that become wet?

Thanks.

Roger Mills Wrote:

-- sweetpea

Reply to
sweetpea

Does the valve and actuator look like one of these?

If so, it should be possible to remove the actuator (the white box full of electrical bits) from the wet part (the brass bit with the water connections) just by pressing a button - and without spilling any water!

Failing that, you may have to remove some screws - but with any luck, the valve itself should still be a sealed unit, enabling the actuator to be removed without water spillage. But proceed with caution - just in case - because I have heard of some valves which are not dismantleable - but hopefully this isn't one of them.

With respect to the synchron motor, the numbers I quoted last time are the

*actuator* number not the motor ID. Screwfix only sell one type of motor which fits a whole raft of actuators. If your actuator is one of the ones listed - there should be a label on it somewhere - the SF motor will fit.

But don't forget what I said last time - check that the spindle of the valve itself is not over tight to turn - because your problem could well be a partially seized valve, and the actuator may be perfectly ok.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info....i'm afraid it does not look like the on pictured in your link, it certainly cannot be removed without undoin screws/bolts. It looks like this; [image

appreciate the advice and will do a little more digging before takin the plunge...hopefully not literally!

Thanks Again

-- sweetpea

Reply to
sweetpea

I would still expect you to be able to remove the actuator. The thing to do is to partially slacken the screws, and start to pull the actuator off. If any water comes out, do the screws up again quickly.

Reply to
Roger Mills