[SOLVED] Drayton Digistat SCR Receiver Problems: Troubleshooting Guide from Expert Homeowners (2023 Update)

Hi all

My heating has packed up tonight and it looks like it's the SCR receiver that's at fault. There are no lights showing on it and am getting no repsonse when I change the temp on the wireless thermostat. I've taken the SCR off of it's wall mount and confirmed that there is 240v across the N and L

Am I safe to assume that it is the unit that is at fault ie if there is power there should the red led light up when the unit is mounted or do I need to test the other 3 terminals as well (if so how)

Any ideas what the fault could be, I've seen plenty of posts about having a green light with no action because of a faulty capacitor but nothing where the units doesn't light up at all

Lastly if I do need a nw receiver where is the cheapest place to get them or is there a non branded equivalent I could use

Many Thanks

Jim

Reply to
jmileman

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com expressed precisely :

Have you tried power cycling? Have you checked the battery in remote stat? Have you tried re-pairing the two? Have you tried moveing the remote stat closer to the receiver?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've already tried killing the power to the receiver and removed the batteries in the stat (a RF3 by the way)

But problem is that the receiver will not power up so can't re-pair the 2 :(

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
jmileman

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com submitted this idea :

Sorry, I cannot really help beyond that, I have no experience of the unit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In true DIY tradition, open it up and investigate the internals. Start with the power supply as most likely culprit.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Jim

Did you resolve the problem you had with the Digistat SCR? I have no lights, but power is present at rear of SCR unit

Same issue as you I think.

Did you work out how to fix it?

Geoff

Reply to
geoffrogers107

Turn the boiler off at the switch and then while holding down both buttons on the receiver switch the boiler back on.

Read more:

southpaw7

I had this problem and it was the capacitor mentioned in many posts and on YouTube. Replacement caps are available on eBay and easy to fit if you can solder. Search eBay for digistat capacitor, they are around £4, or around £15 if you want them fitted for you. John

Reply to
JohnW

Did exactly has southpaw7 said..worked a treat..saving me loads of money ..also saved me from looking a complete idiot..cheers

Reply to
wayneroberts1965

replying to southpaw7, Doug Bonnar wrote: This worked perfectly on coldest day of the year ... thanks southpaw7

Reply to
Doug Bonnar

replying to jmileman, Ozzy wrote: Dear Mr Jim

If your boiler's Digisat SCR wireless receiver is not receiving signal it means there is miscomunicatin between thermostat and receiver they both do not communicate.

Best thing to do

First switch off boiler from main socket and wait for 5 minutes

And then turn on the socket then this will resolve your issue.

Many thanks

Reply to
Ozzy

replying to Ozzy, Bob wrote: He's probably sorted it in the last four years.

Reply to
Bob

replying to southpaw7, Susan wrote: Hello southpaw7, just came across this thread today, I'm freezing cold with no heating for hours and have just tried this tip and it worked!! Thank you soooo much.

Reply to
Susan

replying to southpaw7, Susan wrote: Hello southpaw7, just came across this thread today, I'm freezing cold with no heating for hours and have just tried this tip and it worked!! Thank you soooo much.

Reply to
Susan

replying to Harry Bloomfield, Richard wrote: How do you repair the two

Reply to
Richard

replying to southpaw7, RaeJayy wrote: we need a southpaw7 appreciation day! just done this and it worked!! thank you!

Reply to
RaeJayy

replying to southpaw7, Roger wrote: Tried the advice of southpaw7 - it worked first time! Many, many thanks southpaw7

Reply to
Roger

Southpaw7, Topman... Thank you...it worked straight away... No waiting.

Reply to
jay

You are welcome to post here, but please read the following before replying to a 7 year old post:

Fredxx

Trying this to resolve same situation. Did you have error code E 1 6 show on the thermostat please xx

Reply to
Ad