Drawer runners

I'd like to fit a small drawer under a shelf - it's to keep DVM etc test lead bits in for easy access. So I'd like the drawer to pull out fully - or nearly. The shelf is 12" deep, and the drawer need only be 6" deep or so. What sort of runners could I buy for this and from where? They'd have to be some form of three section (at least) telescopic I'd guess.
--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

London SW 12

You need what norm would call full extension drawer slides.
I spotted these in B and Q the other day, so go and have a look.
MrCheerful

But wouldn't these be more than 12" long overall if designed for an ordinary drawer? I've seen what I *think* I need on a small filing cabinet.
Good excuse to pop down B&Q today, though.
--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:55:44 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

B&Q Warehouse have them in different lengths and I am pretty sure, different types. Be careful which you buy. There are full extension and regular ones. If you don't find them there then Isaac Lord definitely do. There are versions which fit at the side and require in effect a box or vertical pieces (these would be used for kitchen drawers in cabinets for example) or top slides which I think could be fitted directly under a shelf and to the drawer.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

These can be used succesfully on 25mm mdf to give a pull out shelf

There are also the type fitted under the drawer which are hidden from view.
The basic type fitted to standard kitchen drawers are generally white in appearance and the drawer is easily removed by tilting it when fully extended. These are not available as full extension. They would probably suit the initial enquirer. He could make a 'full size' drawer but insert a false back panel to give him the required minimal depth. He would also have to fit false sides under the shelf, as is commonly done with pull out keyboard trays, to allow him to fit the carcase portion of the slide. Quite easily done
Check out a Blum or Accuride website for details on the heavy duty type (Usually zinc passivated or similiar in appearance).
Paul Mc Cann
snip

The basic type are too long. The shelf is only 12" deep.
Tried the big B&Q in Wandsworth yesterday - only ones for standard kitchen units etc.
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 09:59:56 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

Isaac Lord, then.
They have them starting at 250mm.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Ok. Strangely, I've never used them. Do they send a catalogue etc?
--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:25:57 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

I believe I've got one somewhere, although the web site is pretty good and you can cross check the Blum products on other sites as well.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman wrote in message

If I've understood the problem correctly, you will find that the standard length drawer runners, can be cut down to much shorter lengths and still work ok.
Regards Capitol
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:54:40 -0000, "Capitol"

Don't think so
Paul Mc Cann
Paul Mc Cann wrote in message ...

Depth of cabinet 11.75" Opening depth of drawer 7.5" Original depth of runner about 24" Kitchen drawer runners used, not filing cabinet types. Regards Capitol

Never really thought of that - I'll have a look tomorrow, as I have some spares lying around somewhere.
--
*Could it be that "I do " is the longest sentence? *

I've thought about it again and if you use 2 sets of runners, then you can construct a double extension. Regards Capitol
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:06:33 -0000, "Capitol"

TROLL
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 09:59:56 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

They come in various lengths.
Paul Mc Cann