draught proofing at skirting.

Sort of.

I am refurbishing shower room and have stripped the wall of tiles/plaster board. At this stage before I redo the plasterboard at the point where the stud partitions meet the floor there is a gap of a couple of Cms which when I insert a long screwdriver goes all the way under the floor, once I put on the plasterboard and re-tile the floor/walls this gap will effectively be sealed, however I am wondering if I should fill the gap just now with something like expanding foam.

Recommendations?

Reply to
ss

So long as the gap is covered, it matters not. It's normal to put studding on top of the floorboards. Must have been cowboys done the original install. This reduces sound transmissions and restricts the paths for mice etc.

Reply to
harry