Draught from new gas pipe install

Just had the Gas Hob moved in the kitchen.

The gas man has drilled a hole through the wall from the Garage. The gas pipe (15mm) is running inside another copper pipe (22mm), I was told this was to stop any gas from leaking into the cavity.

What can I do to stop the cold air blowing in from the outside.

Regards

Garry

Reply to
Garry

Garry wrote in news:1f4f04dc-bec4-4eef-99cc- snipped-for-privacy@e2g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

The gas man should have finished the job properly.Anyway it's a job you could do in a short time.

The sleeve pipe should be sealed to the building fabric at both ends.

The gas pipe should be sealed to the sleeve pipe on the house side only.

Heliotrope Smith

The gap between pipe and sleeve should have been sealed on the inside of the wall with a fire resisting mastic.

Reply to
John Rumm

A bit of a contrast to the way they do things here - plastic gas pipe run along the outer face of the timber stud wall before the brick veneer (outer skin) goes up

Tony Bryer

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or BoaGaz etc pipe.

The sleeve requirement has words to the effect "capable of carrying gas". Unfortunately many fitters take that to mean copper - I much prefer a plastic sleeve which BES UK do very cheaply (about =A32-4). Copper is a poor choice with black mortar (acidic) and cement.

The sleeve should be sealed to the wall so it can not move, and sealed to the pipe on the inside so any leak is forced to exit to the outside, and have a slight decline to the outside. Surprised no-one has made a better custom kit for this - foam fire retardant ring for the inside in various sizes, foam fluted tube through the wall re cold bridging, plastic outer sleeve. Dragons bought into some pretty bland and "market duplicatory" products.

Reply to
js.b1