Draper Expert

Anyone had experience of the Draper Expert hollow chisels? I'm not talking = about the cheap Draper sets but the Draper Expert versions.

Have a cheap set but it is too tedious to uses. The couple of genuine Multi= co bits I have are a pleasure to use but Multico appear to be out of busine= ss and anyway their prices tend to be a bit outrageous. The price of Draper= Expert chisels lie somewhere between the cheap rubbish and the genuine Mul= tico which leads me to think they might be considerably better than their c= heap brethern.

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

Umm..

I broke my original 1/2" mortice chisel finishing off some Oak framing.

The replacement from Draper has yet to convince me it was a good buy.

I am finding the inner bit does not clear Oak cuttings reliably leading to tip overheating and *blueing up* the chisel points. I meant to invite John Rumm to advise on clearance setting as this may be critical.

I have since wondered if the metric sizes might have been better as I guess more are sold leading to more customer feedback.

Basically, the jury is still out:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb