Draining Towel Rail

!Daft question alert!

As I was installing my new towel rail a question dawned on me.... how do you drain it down after it is full? It is connected to the C/H system via two vertically mounted straight through valves, so the usual 'break the union with a tray underneath' method is out of the window.

The only two options I've though of are: (1) Drain the system down until the rad is empty (lots of hassle) (2) Unscrew the bleed valve assembly from the top and then use a hose to siphon out most of the water, before unscrewing one union with a BIG sponge handy (feels like a bodge.... with the bonus of getting a mouthful of fernox!).

What's the conventional wisdom on doing this, as these two methods seem a little haphazard to say the least!

Cheers, James

Reply to
James Amor

(3) put the tray underneath, crack the joint and try to position the tray to catch the jet of water; wrapping a cloth around the joint/pipe leading down into the tray as a conduit for the water - messy.

(4) just DON'T.

David

Reply to
Lobster