drainage pipe through foundations

There will be a sewer pipe passing though my foundation about half metre down a 1 metre deep mass concrete foundation. Would I just stop the foundation trench either side of it, poor in leaving the foundations non-continous, put a concrete lintel over and build up to ground level ? Then sort out the packing, pea gravel etc. Or is there some other method of pouring the foundations around the pipe ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Shouldn't that be 'pee gravel', in the circumstances? :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes..more or less.

Or you could simply wrap the pipe in polystyrene slabs tie wrapped on and pour around it..

I am not quite sure WHY but pouring round pipes seems deprecated. I suspect its an issue of crushing the thing, hence if you put a crushable layer around it, it should work OK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

One method I've seen used is to wrap a piece of 1 - 2" thick polystyrene around the pipe before setting the shuttering.

Reply to
1501