Drainage

I have a problem with damp, and need to take rainwater from a downpipe away from my property. The builder I am talking to has said we need to have a gully and pipe it away to a soakaway in our garden as far away from the property as possible. Some of our neighbours have taken a pipe from further up the downpipe through a hole in the front wall out onto the street. This is obviously a much cheaper solution. Any cons to this. Obviously we think the builder wants to do it the more expensive way.

Reply to
news.tiscali.co.uk

#Ask the neighbours who have it if there's any problems.

Reply to
Mogga

If you discharge rainwater into public drains rather than your own soakaway then you have to pay an increased water bill.

Check your last bill to see if you're being charged for this.

Reply to
dom