Drain question

In article , Alan writes

I use that regularly in the washing machine which goes into the drain. The pipe can get really blocked up with limescale or gunge and soda does clean it .

Washing soda is incredibly useful for loads of things

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , harry writes

No, 1930's house and drain/gulley got concrete sides

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , zaax writes

Yes, there do4sn't seem to be a u bend as such, it seems to be just an opening halfway down the hole/drain. Seems I will just have to scoop it out!

If i plunge the drain rod up and down it does seem to clear itself for a while then slows down and blocks within about a week. Everything running through drains after this point thank goodness!

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , Terry Casey writes

Sound like the thing I've just bought on Ebay, a sort of scoop that has a long handle and then a spoon shape with half the end forming a cup. Am going to try it tomorrow! Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

Oh come on - I know they charge a lot, but leeches?

Reply to
Skipweasel

I have used (with success) a stout bin bag, taped over my whole arm. Makes it slightly less disgusting.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No-one said you had to eat them.

Reply to