drain pipe diameters

I want to lengthen the duct for my bathroom air extractor, which is a piece of 4inch plastic drainpipe. Can't remove it easily, can't put a normal coupling on as it is cut off flush. Is there pipe available with 4inch or 100mm external diameter which I use as an internal coupling? e.g. Screwfux ducting 15872; 100mm - is this the external diameter?

cheers

jacob

Reply to
jacob

Try soil pipe.If you only want a small piece, ask a builder if he as an off cut spare, have a look in a builders waste skip, you'll find an off cut some where.

Reply to
tony green

If it's PVC, it's a doddle to solvent-weld on a new bit. Just arrange something to clamp it lightly against the other bit for 20 min or so. Then it's as strong as the original pipe.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If you get an off cut piece, try knocking the old short piece through with the new, then cut of the new to length when through. Knock through with a piece of timber across, don't hit pvc pipe direct with a hammer.

Reply to
tony green