Drain - Gully Trap - best practice

I am soon having an extension to my kitchen, It will involve moving the existing outside gully trap which accepts the sink waste. I had tee'd the dishwaher and washer into the sink waste.

What is best practice now? Should I have two pipes running outside to the gully trap or is there a neater method? The Dishwasher and washer could be tee'd into one drain pipe.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

It's much neater to have everything connected into a manifold under the sink - discharging into a U-bend, with just a single pipe going outside to the drain.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Roger Mills wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

This would mean the wastes from the machines having to go around a corner behind a corner unit. The machines are on a wall adjacent to the sink. Perhaps going straight out at the corner would be simpler although it would give me two pipes going out of the wall (Machines and Sink). Should I consider 2 gullies - although they will be reasonably close?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Can you put the gulley actually on the corner, and then have two sloping pipes going into it - one on each wall?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Roger Mills wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Possibly - or both out of the same wall - one near the corner.

Reply to
DerbyBorn