Drain combi boiler via fill loop???

Hi, I need to add a couple of small rads to my system, so I need to drain it down. The problem is that I dont know where the drain point is. So I was just thinking that I could use the boiler side of the fill loop and attach a hose to it to drain down?

Any ideas if this is OK?

Thanks

Reply to
ched999uk

You have loads of problems.

1) There is a non return valve in the loop. 2) if you unscrew the NRV from the primary circuit you will get very wet.

If there system has genuinely not been fitted with a drain off point (there are some like that, I meet a few every year) then you have to add one.

The slickest method seems to be to add a washing machine feed point the sort that penetrate the pipe when enough of the water is out you then cut out the newly installed valve and add a real T and a real drain c*ck.

Reply to
Ed Sirett