DPC for stud wall

I'm building a stud wall across the middle of the garage to convert half the garage into a usable room.

The floor of the garage is concrete and is below the DPC. Do I need to worry about this when building the stud wall i.e. do I need to run a DPC layer between the floor plate and the existing concrete garage floor?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
don.g.irvine

Whether or not it's mandatory, it certainly makes sense; if nothing else it will stop the timber floor plate getting damp and won't take any extra effort to fit it. Cost - about 30p? No brainer!

David

Reply to
Lobster

That makes sense. Is there a recommended way for putting fixings through the DPC to minimize any bridging?

Don

Reply to
don.g.irvine

You could bed it in mortar so it sits in a slot, then you wouldn't need to nail through.

______________ | |

Reply to
Rob Morley

Brickwork up to DPC level, DPC on bricks, stud work on DPC.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Which doesn't answer his question of how to fix the studs through the DPC.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Use frame fixings,

Dave Jones